Friday, November 20, 2009

Deadlines

I love deadlines, I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. I can't remember who said that, but it's so true!

I didn't have a deadline with Light Years, so that fact that I took 5 years to write it is no big deal. But High Dive, well, I missed my deadline on that one. By a year. Twice.

So it's a very big deal that I turned in my new manuscript not just on time, but early! Yes folks, Kindred is in my editor's hot little hands and you'll be able to read it yourselves Spring, 2011.

I know, I know, it sounds crazy. The book's all written, the hard part's done. But there's cover design, layout, advance reader galleys to print and send out, there's a ton of out of sight work that has to be done, so there's nothing to do but be patient. Those who know me know that I am not a patient person, but in the meantime, I'll be hard at work on another novel and if there's anything juicy, like a cover, to share, I promise I will.

More later,
Tammar

No comments: